Information Technology Director
Ira Shaw has served as the Director of Information Technology for the Alabama Bureau of Pardons and Paroles since February 2018. He began his career with the state of Alabama in 1998 and has worked in several areas with the Alabama Medicaid Agency and the Department of Human Resources.
Mr. Shaw graduated from Livingston University (now called the University of West Alabama) in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and Computer Science.
Function of the Information Technology Director:
1. Supervise and direct Information Technology staff.
2. Plan and direct the information technology and telecommunications operations of the Pardons and Paroles agency.
3. Monitor the design and development of systems and projects to ensure accurate, timely results that meet system design requirements and user needs.
4. Manage Information Technology staff in performing assigned tasks and activities such as software design/development, network/infrastructure and systems support, help desk support, inventory processing, implementing new innovative technology, performing system maintenance, and creating system documentation.
5. Ensure IT Division is responsive to instructions or requests from the Director and other division directors and the operations of the division are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
6. Oversee/manage IT budget and purchasing needs for software and hardware for the agency.
7. Serve as a member of the Executive Staff.