The Personnel Division provides services related to recruitment and selection, employee orientation / processing, classification and compensation, personnel policy development, performance management, and payroll administration. It is our vision to deliver quality service with integrity and professionalism by being receptive, courteous, supportive, and accountable in meeting the human resource needs of our employees, supervisors, applicants, and customers.
It is the Personnel Division’s function to:
• Process personnel actions in compliance with all procedures, rules, regulations and laws
• Manage the performance appraisal system and the associated pay for performance
• Counsel managers and supervisors regarding progressive discipline and equal opportunity
• Establish and maintain departmental policies and procedures related to employee or personnel issues
• Conduct classification and compensation studies and surveys to ensure that employees are appropriately compensated
• Provide career counseling and assist with the recruitment of qualified applicants
• Maintain employees’ personnel and confidential records
• Process payroll actions related to benefits, leave, time, and attendance.
The Bureau of Pardons and Paroles is committed to not discriminating against any person on the ground of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, handicap, marital status, or any other non-merit factor in its policies and practices relating to employment opportunity. Copies of the Bureau’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (EEOP) Utilization Report are available upon request.